View Single Post
Old June 7, 2019   #43
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I don't believe I've experienced any nemotodes this year. I've experienced so much leaf fungus from the extended cool, moist weather, it has decimated my tomato plant foliage. It hasn't killed the plants and they are generating new foliage, so I will be okay. Most tomato growers in my area have had the same problems due to the weather.

I do have one Big Beef plant which will probably bite the dust. If it dies, I will examine the roots for nematode damage. I did saturate my planting holes last fall with vinegar and Epson salts. I also used Actinovate in the planting holes this spring as I was planting my seedlings. I should have a better idea of what worked and what didn't help when I can examine my plants better. I'm pretty sure the Actinovate helped with soil borne fungus, but couldn't do anything against the air borne spores on the leaves. Soil fungus seems to kill the branches of the plants while fungus spores in the air seem to attack only the foliage. My branches and stems are still healthy. My tomato crop also seems undamaged because my plants set fruit before the fungus out break.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote