View Single Post
Old July 30, 2006   #4
travis
Tomatovillian™

Honu,

I have some more photos that I'll post up maybe in the middle of the week.

I have three plants left. Two at home and one left at the seed garden.

They all are very robust but not necessarily any taller than any of their neighbors. One of the ones at home is a little more robust than its Big Beef neighbor on one side and definitely taller than the Cherokee Green on the other side. But all in all, the only one that stayed what I would call short was the one at the seed garden ... and it's put out some smaller fruit that appears a different shade of red ... a more yellow skin I think ... but that may be due to hours of sun and some harsher conditions.

All three plants are putting out fruit that has that kinda white membrane holding the gel pack to the core walls in the seed cells. And all three have a rather tart taste with the one plant that put out the one in the photo above having the sweetest undertones of the three (and the only one of the three with that pinkish look).

Wait and be the judge of some other very minor appearance differences yourself when I post the pictures mid-week. Like I said, the differences could possibly be related to growing conditions which are different for each of the three plants.

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote