View Single Post
Old December 25, 2016   #14
Ambiorix
Tomatovillian™

I discovered rather fast this possibility of transport of pollen by bumblebees towards other flowers of the other varieties of tomatoes.

I finalized then a management system of observations and photos of all the important moments during the growth.

The seeds of every collected tomato received a reference number according to the year (the last figure) according to the moment of the harvest (3 figures) and the person récolteuse of these seeds (2 capital letters).

Every sowed seed has a number of sowing with an indication in small letter to indicate the place in the order of the sowing.
I indicate the date of sowing, seeding, transplanting, plantation for every seed.
Every collected tomato also receives a reference number.

I can trace so for every seed a family tree according to the reference numbers year by year.
I began in 2009 and now in 2016, I have a large number of photos which I can compare.

If there was not of fortuitous crossings every year, there would be no big differences between the characteristics of tomatoes.

It is necessary to observe the various characteristics year by year which sometimes show us of big differences.

As I know the location of all the varieties in my kitchen garden and to my testers, I can try to discover the characteristic donor of genes observed.

Thus observe, please, all the differences.

TO BE CONTINUED
Ambiorix is offline   Reply With Quote