View Single Post
Old October 28, 2018   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Nicolas, thank you for the information. I have some hanging now.

I have a question about Ibiza Blanca. Many of the tomatoes are getting red inside but yellow outside. Is that the way they are supposed to be? Or maybe they are not ripe?

I saved out 8 packets each of the 4 hanging tomatoes I grew this year. They will be offered in the Seeds Available section near the end of January.
Nan, I knew I'd seen the Ibiza one referred to slightly differently,so I finally found it on a list here that Ilex (Paco) in Spain referred to it.

C – blanco de Ibiza

The C he denotes as being a de colgar type so yes they ripen from the inside out.And did so originally in both Spain and Italy where there are some wonderful pictures of them here hanging from rafters as then ripen up when the temps got colder.It was a great way to have tomatoes when it was too cold out to grow outside and that b/c there were no refrigerators back then..

My problem in searching trying to help you was to use the word Ibiza first, as you had it instead of using Blanco first.

There are many many de colgar versions.

I just checked my data book and one of the best was/is Colgar Papuo PL which I originally got from Paco in Spain and was also listed in one of my seed offers here as well.

And while I am answering your question I think Nico would agree with most of what I posted.

Hope that helps,

Carolyn