View Single Post
Old September 7, 2017   #69
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

So jealous! My pepper year has been pitiful.

I got an early handful of Shi★★★★os then the plants shut down. They are still healthy, but time and temperature are working against me.

Alleppo has yet to set a single pepper on any of the three plants. The plants are super healthy and pumping out tons of flowers all summer, but every single one has dropped.

NuMex Big Jim gave me six gorgeous and large peppers in July, and the four plants have done nothing more than set two new peppers between them.

Feher Ozone (3 plants) have about a dozen full size peppers between them which have been stuck at the yellow stage for almost two months. Two that had set before I planted them out did get to the orange/red stage (glad I didn't pinch them off), so I'll toss them in the dehydrator and see if the paprika is worth trying again next year.

The only Melbourne pepper that germinated was chewed down to stubs by a hornworm.

And my Calabrese peppers seem to have crossed with something last year. Instead of wide cherry/cone shaped peppers, I'm getting narrower pointy ones, but tons of them on the four plants. I can't stuff them like I usually do, so I'm not sure what to do with them all. For now they're all still hanging on the plants, but I'm going to have to pick them soon.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote