View Single Post
Old July 6, 2014   #33
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

Default 3C57 interesting shape!

I had no luck germinating the 3C8 seeds but got 2 out of 3 of the 3C57 to germinate.

Both plants are out in the garden, one was planted out on 5/31 and the other (which was much smaller at the beginning and was going to be in a pot) got thrown into a vacant space in my perennial flower bed on 6/13 instead. This turned out to be a bad move, because two weeks ago I broke my ankle, and now I can't get to that one very easily! Not to worry, my son and husband are helping, and they tell me that the tomatoes forming on the plant in the flower bed are identical to the plant I CAN get to.

I know that a couple of other growers have 3C57 and i'm wondering what shape you guys are getting? Mine are not what I expected, they are oblong with a pronounced nipple on the blossom end and they have faint streaks more than stripes, at least so far. I'm also growing Blush this year, and so far, the shape of these is very much the same as those.

Both plants seem like they are going to be very prolific. The oldest plant has at least six clusters of fruit and many more clusters of blossoms. It doesn't look like either will be really tall either.

Robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frogsleap3C57-plant1-plant.jpg (340.7 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg Frogsleap3C57-plant1-green1.jpg (187.7 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Frogsleap3C57-plant1-green2.jpg (227.1 KB, 234 views)
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote