View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013   #5
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDx4 View Post
Tonio,

These are plants that are in the original lath house structure. The one made from a modified Harbor Freight Greenhouse. So, the air circulation against the back wall is not as good as it is in the other, newer structures. I've always been careful to keep the plants pruned up at least 12-18 in from the ground for that area. But, I hadn't done much drastic pruning yet this year. I make sure to spray Neem every week (right now I've got Safer brand that I ordered from Amazon) and alternating with Actinovate+Excel LG. I had sprayed with Neem on Wed early in the am and then sprayed with BT on Thurs early in the am. I've got half my plants outside the houses this year, and they look fine so far. But now I'm worried about the rain on Sun/Mon too.

Lyn
Rain makes it much worse. Even on well pruned plants it can show up and cause tremendous damage. Last year I got it on some of my plants pruned to a single stem and they had plenty of air circulation but they also got a ten day stretch of rain every day.

I have noticed Gray Mold is worse on the black and GWR tomatoes. It could be because I grow so many black tomatoes but I only grow a few of the green when ripe varieties and if Gray Mold shows up it invariably gets on my GWR toms.

One spraying of the bleach will not get rid of it. After spraying I wait a few days and prune out all of the dead leaves and then spray again. I use a very strong fine mist and make sure to get the underside of all of the leaves and if it comes back I just do it again. I have already treated all of my plants twice with the bleach spray because of extended rainy and cloudy weather. It finally stopped raining today and I've got to get out and do some pruning and tying and spray with Daconil. I'm hoping I won't see any Gray Mold but chances are good after the weather we have had there might be some.

I sure hope you get it under control before it causes too much foliage damage or even fruit damage. Good Luck.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote