View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017   #24
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
In the exchange,again, it was pointed out to me that there was at least one person who participated there who was not an SSE member and given the name,yes, I certainly knew that person very well./

One time I was asked for my SSE acct number, say what, I didn't know I had one.I was told it was on the label of the plastic wrapped yearbook that was sent tome.I used to throw those in the trash ASAP since who needs to keep torn plastic wrappers,not me.
I am sure that the Exchange has never been open for seed requests from non-members. The contact information has always been invisible without a password and log-in, so they would have no way to see the name of the person offering.

I'm thinking your info source may have been confusing open access with the current ability of non-members to view and search for varieties, which was not possible for them in the old previous online database now re-done and renamed as the Exchange.

I know you've said in the past you don't intend to look at SSE Exchange online, but you might have some fun if you did, and you would see exactly what non-members can see just by going to the site and fooling around with some searches.
https://exchange.seedsavers.org/page/catalog/browse

If you wanted to see what members see, you could try putting in your email in the Sign In/Welcome Back form, and clicking on the forgot password and see if they send you an email that allows you to make a new password. Not sure how your lifetime membership works, as my membership is tied to an annual account. The years I don't renew, I lose access, but my user account number has stayed the same since the beginning and my info stays on file with them. You may have to contact them to get you set up the first time.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote