View Single Post
Old April 29, 2021   #377
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I already have one plant showing TSWV signs. It is only two feet tall and until day before yesterday looked outstandingly healthy. It still looks good except for the rusting look in some of the leaves and a slight change in the new growth. I wish it was another variety but it is my only Brandywine Cowlick's that I have planted so far this season. It is one of my very favorite large pink beefsteaks and it is almost always one of the most productive. I am in the process of potting up grafted plants and I hope that most of the varieties that survived the grafting this year are varieties that do well in the heat because I will be at the very least seven weeks behind my usual set out date this year. Plants put out in May and June down here better be able to take the heat and humidity and still produce decently.

I am sure this is just the first of many plants I will have to remove due to TSWV. It seems, for my garden at least, natures way of thinning out my plantings of tomatoes every year now.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote