View Single Post
Old February 23, 2017   #2559
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Hi Barb,

I didnt up the concentration. Everything I do is loosey goosey based on how the plants respond and not always consistent. In past years I put the fert strip in and supplemented with 1 tablespoon TTF once or twice a week but not every watering when I also had fert strips so it was just a boost..

This past season I decided not to use a fert strip and I had to up the amount of TTF because there was so much fruit and at first it wasnt getting to full size so I upped the TTF to the max recommended plus an extra tablesppon sometimes... lol, and gave them that every day (every watering) and the fruit grew huge. When the plants were smaller they were using about 1 1/2 gallons of water from the reservoir so I put in 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of TTF every watering or so. But now they generally soak up the majority of the water so I put in 3 to 4 tablespoons on most days and then once in a while I will not use any a couple of days per the TTF container instructions. Since the TTF is expensive I am going to go back to using fert strips (10-10-10) and supplementing with TTF rather than depending on it entirely. I do love the results with it and as long as you use something balanced with it like 10-10-10 you dont get ber issues or other inbalances. At least I havent.

I would prefer to mix in a gallon of water and pour in but no time for that so I drop down the hatch directly. Seems to be pretty forgiving and hard to over feed it. But I think you got better results than me this year. But the fert strip and supplementing with TTF is really easy and great results too.

I water every day so every day is a feed day unless its the few days every now and then that I hold off or if my neighbor is watering for me she doesnt feed them.

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fiishergurl; February 23, 2017 at 03:27 PM.
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote