View Single Post
Old August 6, 2020   #12
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

My next corn blew down; it is at tasseling stage. I did some internet research yesterday morning and decided to tie it back up. Bumped an old thread about blow down yesterday and posted there, same subforum as this I think. Other than that, most stuff held up okay. Eggplant and peppers were woven strong and loved it. Unstaked tomato cages blew over, no big deal.

Even the current corn block held up fairly well. We took 103 good cobs out before the storm. I took a few yesterday. I think there are still some good ones to go because one of the three rows was late germination, and second/third cobs as well.

I had almost 5" in backyard gauge. The gauge at the comm garden was pegged to overflow at 5". My backyard gauge may well have tilted in the wind load and spilled some, now that I consider it. It was a lot, I had the sump pump going. But it was nice timing, not some overnight storm. A nice morning storm!

My brother's power was out up near Allentown, still out as of yesterday afternoon. They have buried cable there, development built in the mid 70s. That's always the problem with buried lines; they don't go out often, but when they go out, it can be days.

We're already back to our old pattern here. The stuff that came through this morning from the SW, hardly touched us, just broke up around the berks/mont line and reformed on the other side...

Last edited by JRinPA; August 6, 2020 at 08:35 AM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote