View Single Post
Old July 8, 2007   #14
rodger
Tomatovillian™

This is the Official notice and invitation to the 2nd annual Tomato tasting in Little Mounatin SC. Little Mountain is located in the center of the state approximately 30miles NW of Columbia SC off interstate 26. Take Exit #85 on I-26 and go right one mile to the stop sign at the end of the road . Take a right onto Hwy -76 go one block and just past the Little Mountain Convience store /Exxon station and turn left onto MIll Rd. The park and tasting will be on your right approximately one block down. This is a large park with rest room facilities baseball fields amplitheater covered picknic areas etc and home to the Little Mountain reunion, Oldest folk festival in SC held the first Saturday in Aug each year. If anyone is interested and would like to help outv I would appreciate it, I put this on all by myself and wouldn't mind the help. My house is located about 1.5 miles from the park and I could use some help picking the tomatoes, labeling and setting up at the park. If interested please send me an e-mail. Those showing get a behind the scene look at my garden and the current deseases which are inflicting it. (Smile). I'm sure it will be a good time and for lunch. The Newberry Master Gardeners will be selling tomato and BLT sandwiches to raise money for their scholarship fund. I am expecting lots of non tomato growers. People interested in heirloom tomatoes but have never grown them. If you are familiar with the Lake Murray magazine you may have noted an article on me and my tomatoes in the July issue which came out last week in June. This also advertized the tasting and I have had several people call about it and to come out to my house for tomatoes. I can't say what will be availble I am picking lots of tomatoes now hopeing some will hold off to ripen for the tasting. If anyone comes please bring some tomatoes to add to what I may have and if you don't have any no worry please come anyways. I would love to meet you and talk about this years growing season and what is planned for next year. Rodger Winn