View Single Post
Old June 23, 2015   #11
HydroExplorer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Good luck going aero to soil without transplant shock; I couldn't do it. The roots all bunch up together. Something like a rockwool/cocopeat cube would work better I think. The media would go with the transplant into the ground.
Quick update. My clones transitioned from aero cloner to soil successfully (2 tomatoes 2 mint). I planted them directly into leaf compost, watered them in and then it rained for like 2 or 3 days.

From this I gather that watering is a lot probably important. Also, reduced light might be a factor (was heavy cloud cover and rainy). I also fanned the roots out as best as I could because of your warning about root bunching. I wanted to share that in case it helps you in your endeavors. I was transplanting them from under an LED grow light without hardening them off.

I know they're going to make it because they were very deficient when I planted them and they aren't anymore.

That said, this was my first stab at this and I definitely should have fed the plants before transplanting them. Looking back over my video log I think I should have fed them on day 5.
HydroExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote