View Single Post
Old November 14, 2017   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
Bulgarian Triumph: I've seen a lot of praise for this variety, and I'm considering growing it in my greenhouse. Does anybody know if it's heat tolerant?

Batyanya: Has anybody grown this one? All I know is what I found about it at nikitovka.com - “Early (96-105 days), high-yielding Heirloom variety. Indeterminate tomato, plant grows 150-190cm (60-75in.) height. Heart-shaped, crimson with pink, big, very delicious tomatoes, weight 350-600g (12-21oz.). Long fruiting period and resistant to late blight.” I'm wondering if it's early enough to do well outside in our cool summer. If anyone's grown it, I'd be interested in your opinion, also about taste.

Rozovye Gryozy: All I know about this one is what Tatiana has written -

"Indet. plants with regular leaf wispy foliage. Large pink oval-shaped fruit up to 11 oz. Outstanding sweet flavor, juicy." And it's "early". I'm also considering growing this outside. Any opinions?

Steve
Steve, I only know the first one, Bulgarian Triumph.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Bulgarian_Triumph

From Tania's link you can see I got it from Dennis Sherwood back in 2003 and have grown it many times since then for SSE listings and seed offers. Dennis was doing a huge project on determining the internal pH of many tomato varieties. I don't know where he got it from, but he sent me the seeds he had left over,about 200 varieties.

And yes,if anyone has my heirloom book , as Tania pointed out,it's on page 80.

I then looked in the current 2017 SSE Annual, and see folks from

Mi
OH
WI
WI listing it and all liking it very much.

The problem that started with the 2017 SSE Annual is that no more have they listed whose hands the seeds went through until the current person grew it and indicated who they got it from.

Thank heavens that Tania still does that as you can see from the link to her page.

Heat tolerant in a greenhouse? Maybe in the winter?Could work, but in the summer how hot does it get in your greenhouse?

As in how how heat tolerant do you want it to be?

Carolyn