View Single Post
Old November 4, 2018   #5
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
My immersion blender liquifies everything if it is run long enough. I wouldn't use it for seed saving.
Charley, no chunky salsa?

I haven't tried it on tomatoes other than canned SM's. I still have lots of tomatoes to process for seeds, we may have gotten our first frost/freeze at about 7:00am, I already picked about 4 or 5 trays/buckets worth & brought most inside before today, and I left the house this morning about 7:30am and the cat litter buckets' lids had water on them, none froze or it wasn't long enough at 32F to visually see a freeze.

I had extra tomatoes in/on those buckets in the driveway and am thinking of taking some of those tomatoes and trying to germinate ~20 of them, the typical way, and maybe another 20 after run thru a blender, ANY blender. I would save time if I found somebody that actually did it before me! I don't know if there's a greater chance they'd be mangled by a stick blender versus a normal blender or even a food processor for a pulse or two...

I find it amazing that the blades don't hit tomatillo seeds...or at least they don't affect things.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote