View Single Post
Old December 18, 2018   #18
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I couldn't see the photos until now, but I was eagerly following your narrative. Very beautiful edible landscape design with the hardscape highlights and defines the trees, shrubs, and herbs beds. I had a yellow ranch in the country just like yours when I was very small. So charming!

You have incredible patience too. Finding the right place to settle in and doing the soil prep to the extent that you did. I see your neighbors with the marlin house are nature lovers too.

New England explains the want for blueberries! They look so healthy. Do you get multiple pickings in the south?
An aside, I had an amazing low bush in southern New Jersey (I lived all over the northeast as a civilian in the DOD before getting stuck here in O.) The soil and water is so alkaline here that no amount of soil prep will keep down the ph. The orchard master at a popular u-pick ripped out the entire blueberry section after several years of preparation and investment in time and money for the bushes to mature. They were small, weak, and didn't produce, and his orchard was otherwise amazing. He said that was his last hurrah as by the time another section matures and turns a profit he will be retired.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote