View Single Post
Old February 23, 2018   #5
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

February 16th - February 21st
  • Finished hooking up one of my Rain Barrels, my better half saw me hooking it up and didn't say anything, so I'm taking that as a sign of approval.

• Finished making my last batch of Bio-char...hopefully... This char was choked by potting soil and coffee grounds, this will be
    for my Potted plants

• Topped my last bed with Bio-char, cardboard and some more of my compost.

• Also have some wood and Charred logs soaking in a bucket with fertilizer for the bottom of the pots.

• Planted some Lovage, Dawn Giant Leeks and American Flag Leeks, also planted my refrigerated for 30 days Maypops.

• It snowed Saturday night and looks like the rest of the week is gonna be a wash, it's just too dam wet to do anything, we need the dam sun to show up and dry things up a bit!

My grapes came in today so I will be planting them Saturday, I just wish they would have come a tad later.

• Artichokes are doing well, with the exception of one (runt in picture, middle left). When I transplanted one from a double pot I busted of most of the root but it's still hanging on. It was gonna be culled anyway, so no biggie if I loose it. I'm hoping for three healthy ones. Two "Imperial stars" and one "Globe" and I'll be happy

• Cabbages and some of the broccoli are doing well with the exception of the Waltham Broccoli (lower left), most of the plants are dampening off.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote