View Single Post
Old May 16, 2021   #6
D.J. Wolf
Tomatovillian™

Well, another week has past, and a busy one it was. It took forever to warm up it seemed, but it finally has. Highs in the 70's now until late next week, and then we should actually be seeing 80's showing up.

Friday I swear I about killed myself, but I got everything in. With the watermelon, pumpkins, zucchini, cucumbers, 11 tomatoes, 7 bell peppers, and 5 jalapenos, I planted a total of 65 plants out. Then turned around and put in the beans (2 rows about 20' long) and corn (6 rows about 12' long). Saturday I went to a local nursery I had never been to and ended up picking up a Cherokee Purple, Mortgage Lifter, Brandywine, and Sunsugar tomatoes, one plant each and stuck them in the ground even though it had rained .25". So, everything is planted, might have to do some replanting here and there for stuff that hasn't come up, but things are starting to look green.

The potatoes have really surprised me, out of 70 or 71 planted, all but 14 or 15 are up already. Onions, lettuce, and spinach look great, think I'll be able to start cutting some lettuce in another week or so, probably spinach too if the weather warms up like it's forecast to. Carrots are finally showing up, slow but a decent stand of them. Beets are somewhat disappointing, some are there and some just never came up. I might have to replant some of them I'm thinking. Will be planting (technically replanting) a row of spinach in a week or two as well. I got a little lost with the rototiller and accidentally worked a row up while I was working AMS in.

Well, that's the latest from here I guess