View Single Post
Old April 5, 2020   #6
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I never even considered orientation other than top/bottom! Thanks for sharing that tidbit. They do look good.

I pulled the heavy leaf mulch layer off mine last week and probably waited about two weeks to long to do so. Lots of lanky, pale growth... I too leave a layer of the more finely shredded leaves in place all season to keep weeds down and it works beautifully. I still need to do my first blood meal application, but hoping to get it down this week.

Last year's crop is holding out fairly well here too. I did notice that the heads I left a longer stem on (3"+) are drying out much slower than ones I trimmed down closer (~1"). And some are just starting to show a green growth tip, so I may dig out the dehydrator and do another run before they get any further along. My preference, in order, has become home grown fresh, garlic powder made from home grown, then if neither is available store bought fresh. I refuse to even consider store bough garlic powders now that I've gotten used to my own.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote