View Single Post
Old April 29, 2015   #6
JLJ_
Tomatovillian™

Default Dark Copia Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootaloo View Post
Oh Gosh now what to do. I also have 5 sturdy Copia ready for the ground . . .
Tootaloo, I hope you read the links that Carolyn posted . . . clearly there are people who really liked the flavor of Copia/Dark Copia Heart, so don't give up hope of favorable results from your 5 sturdy plants until you see how they do for you . . . and don't forget to bag a few blossoms . . . could be that everyone, including the gloom-birds, will be following you around, chirping for seed.

I've no experience with this tomato at all . . . but it does look like one where there might be some difficulty determining the appropriate harvest time. There are other tomatoes where one sees widely different love/hate reports where difficulty determining best harvest time/ripeness seems a likely explanation for the different taste reports -- especially when that difficulty interacts with the fact that some people like "almost ripe" tomatoes and others prefer tomatoes so ripe they are almost over-ripe and starting downhill.

So hopefully your initial taste results will be great, but if they aren't favorable, it might be worth making a point to try some at a different ripeness level. Just a thought.

:::cheering hopefully for those five sturdy plants:::

JLJ
JLJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote