Thread: 2013 Season
View Single Post
Old October 7, 2013   #6
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I grew both the Pink and Purple Bumble Bees here at home this past summer, both bred by Fred Hemple who sells seed at his website and is a member here as well, and not only were they beautifully colored, they tasted good as well.

No, I didn't send the seeds out for seed production for my next seed offer here in Jan, but did give some seeds to a local person, who brought me plants when most of the plants that Craig had shipped up to me were sent the day before I had that nastly fall with sepsis and hardly any blood pressure detailed in the thread that Mischka put up.

And sad to say, but many many new ones I sent out for seed production will not appear b'c of weather conditions at the places where my wonderful seed producers garden.

All to say, beautiful photos Terry and yes, I do recognize the names of most of them.

Carolyn

I ordered Fred's Pink and Purple Bumblebee seeds last month, and he sent me Sunrise Bumblebee as a bonus! I also ordered Tania's Green Bumblebee and Lee Goodwin's Bosque Blue Bumblebee, so I'm looking forward to having bumblebees pollinating all over the place next spring.

Charley
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote