View Single Post
Old October 12, 2008   #33
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Well today the Festhalle was dark...so the stuffed Turkey is in the oven and the veggies are in the oven and the salad made of about 5 different varieties of toms is marinating in the fridge...the apple pie is cooling....and I'm ready for a nap...lol.
Yup...its Turkey Day Weekend north of the border and I keep napping between doing different food preps.

After averaging 16+ hour days Wednesday and Thursday for set up at the Festhalle...picture an olympic size ice hockey rink/arena transformed into a German/Bavarian style Beer/Festhalle and you've got the rough idea....and 19+ hours on Friday, I was back at the Festhalle on Saturday morning for 0700 to help the Muay Thai people set up their registration and medical exams/weigh-ins before the tournament began. Then after taking the afternoon off to run errands and get a nap in (felt like I had just fell asleep when the alarm went), I returned to the Festhalle for more crazieness. So that's 2 days down...and 4 more to go before we call it over....and start teardown for the year.).

BTW...We had 2 title bouts, but don't ask me what classes they were. It was rather interesting because allot of local martial artists of other arts could be spotted in the crowd watching too. We had a former WBC International light middleweight champion/ Canadian and Super Welterweight World Boxing Champion, amongst others....even though it wasn't a huge crowd, they were definitely into the fights. And the bouts that were on were fun to watch and educational from the stand point that I know I hadn't much of a clue about what Muay Thai was all about.

If anybody is still planning to come closing weekend, you need to let me know asap, so that I hold tickets for you. We're almost totally sold out for those evenings (Friday and Saturday.)

Ein Proesit!
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote