Thread: Texas Pink
View Single Post
Old August 23, 2014   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
I know how that feels when people aren't nice and you're doing something for free.
I was once standing a stallion. I nominated him for two free services for my club's fundraiser. Next year, I was shipped from OK to WA. I called the people getting discounted breedings through the club's auction to let them know that their cost didn't include collection services and shipping, which total rubs around $250, for a National Champion with some other extremely difficult to earn rankings and titles. They were both so nasty that I ended up deciding to castrate him and get out of anything to do with the stallion business.
My letting someone take over the major part of my annual seed offer is not tied up with those few folks asking where those seeds are, but that's never happened until the past couple of years and I've been doing seed offers here since I think Jan of 2006.

The more members we have here the greater the heterogenerity of members in terms of personal traits.

But I sure can understand what you posted about above.

Since I do a LOT of reading these days since with the walker I can't get out and walk or tend to my gardens or drive, I do read a lot and buy LOTS of books.

I have a neighbor who will walk up here and whine and whine to get one of my newer books.There are perhaps 200 books underneath the table that has my TV on and close to a thousand elsewhere here ,but no, she wants to read ones I have in a pile in the order in which I want to read them.

Whatever she can get for free, with no attempts at reciprocity of any kind, is her modus operandi. And that pertains to the times I've asked if she can bring me some stuff from the Farmer's Market or two local large farm stands and also from elsewhere.

And it's wearing very thin with me these days.

Carolyn