View Single Post
Old November 3, 2015   #61
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

If you crave chocolate at all I make a "fudge" with butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder or lindt dark chocolate plus some stevia or maple syrup (usually a bit of both to cut down the carbs) and freeze it in bite size pieces for those once a month cravings.
Just google: keto chocolate or chocolate fat bomb or paleo chocolate for recipes.

Baked stuff is harder for me to give up than chips. I like carrot chips and cucumber slices better now. Or a couple pickles will fill that salt and crunch craving.

Have you ever baked with almond flour or coconut flour? I've been using that to replace flour in recipes. You still have to cut down on intake but at least the carbs are less.
I like to make up a coconut cookie dough in a tube, freeze, and then slice off 4 cookies at a time to bake.
You can google "mug cake" recipes for small portion cakes with regular flour, whole grain flours, gluten free options, low carb options, diabetic options etc. Just search for what you want. It literally is just enough cake for a few bites. It's great for cravings that just won't quit!

You can mix natural peanut or almond butter, coconut flour or unsweetened flakes, and dark chocolate chips. Scoop into balls and freeze for "cookie dough" bites.
BackyardFarm is offline   Reply With Quote