View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013   #23
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Well boys and girls I assume you will all be saving the largest potato available as seed. This will raise hell with the automatic planting machines. The potato seed used in these machines has the appearance of small grey stones. In fact when I first viewed them in the most beautiful growing area in Canada, I thought they were stones.

I charge that in general it would be impossible to contribute any significant change in potato size and quantity directly attributable to the seed potato size. There are so many growing variables that regressive analysis is most difficult to apply. The researcher has got a paper out and certainly has given some food for bar room discussions, with no practical significance. And apparently he/she has a non reflective following, who will take every opportunity to propagate the"conclusion" and it will become an Internet concept. Similarly to UPSIDEDOWN TOMATO PLANTERS. I for one wont be planting two pound potato seeds, and see no future for TPS as a common planting source. To each his own.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote