View Single Post
Old August 29, 2014   #32
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Hi Gary,
Last year I had many packets of cherry and early and sent them in to those categories. Trouble is, because I designated those as belonging to those categories, thats what I got back, but didn't really need. Can I send 10 pack of something to one or 2 categories but request from a different one? Also, I have many types of seeds that I have enough for 3 or 4 of each, but not 10. I guess those should be sent as bonuses, right? Do the amount of bonuses you send in get matched with bonuses back?
Sorry if this is alot of questions, but I think many of us would like to know these things.
Sending in 10 packs to a category and wanting varieties from another category would likely be sand in my gears for organization, so I think I'll have to keep send ins/requests to one category.

However, getting the categories you want would still be fairly easy if there are lots of bonuses, which has been a big part of the swaps in the past.

Just put on your Wish List the categories you're looking for. If a single variety is at the top of your list that's my priority. If a category is at the top that would be my priority. I can't promise you'd get 10 different varieties from a category, since I don't know what bonuses will be. I also can't promise you won't get 20 different varieties from a category.

Last year a few wish lists were just categories, instead of individual varieties. As an example, hearts and beefsteaks.

The general rule I've had for bonuses is that they are evenly distributed back to all participants. The even distribution has been about 20 extra back no matter if 0 bonuses or 100 bonuses were sent in. If someone sent in an enormous amount of bonuses, I suppose something could be worked out to please them in return. Last year, I had one participant send in 24 10-packs joining each category and then some, along with 70 bonus packs. They wanted 310 different varieties back, the swap could handle it, so they got it.

The answers to questions are going to be flexible. You're required to come up with part of the answers, along with me.

Gary
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote