View Single Post
Old September 19, 2017   #2994
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

I also feel bad for Ginny. This has really been hard for so many areas of Florida. I have so many shingles ripped of my house and I cannot get a roofer out here. I am on a waiting list and so many people are. The insurance adjuster has still not called so I don't know what they will say. I have no interior damage but if we get heavy rain and wind that could change. I wake up several times every night worrying about it but there is nothing I can do but wait and hope. I am grateful that I did not have the flooding that so many had.

Our local electric company did an amazing job. There were over 200,000 without power and as of today everyone is back online. They sent updates via text and on news several times a day so you knew what was going on. The call center was fully staffed 24 hrs a day so you could always talk to a person. My T-Mobile cell service stayed up the entire time. For two days it had a weaker signal but it worked. Comcast/Xfinity was the worst. I was out for 6 days and you could not talk to a person nor did they give any information. I did get a big $15 credit.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote