View Single Post
Old August 28, 2014   #9
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Cool Tracy you do have animals to help. Eventually with your plan the soil will recover. Keep the lime away from the blueberries all else it can tolerate with such a low PH.
Jesse is an Australian Shepherd, AKC registered. He has excellent markings. When he was younger he was like a fuzzy bear. His best friend is Axle the pug, my daughter's dog.

I just picked the last of my ripe blueberries. These are Chandler. I want to add Elliot just because it is so late. I'll have berries in September. I grow mostly NHB, but have 4 SHB plants too.
One of my goals is to plant fruits that will be ready across the season. Which blueberries do you plant?
Looking to do the same with apples, peaches and plums.
I bought several day-neutral strawberries. Couldn't find any June bearing but will try to find them for the spring.
Now, anybody know where I can get regular and Purple asparagus crowns at this time of year?
One thing I'm really looking forward to trying is our own potatoes. In fact, I'd like to get started in TPS. Our neighborhood produce stand has been doing quite well with various potatoes.
And, of course the sweet potatoes which never did well in AZ for me and which we love to eat, even for breakfast oven fries!
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote