View Single Post
Old August 3, 2019   #52
svalli
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Somehow I missed seeing this post till now. Wow Sari everything looks lovely there! How lucky you are to be among such beauty.
Are those Japanese cucumbers you are growing? It's been a few years since I have been able to grow nice cukes. I try every year anyways. This year I got 3 cukes so far from 10 plants. They are mostly dying now, from pests. But my tomatoes are doing great so I can't complain.
Thanks for sharing your pics
I had bad luck getting the cucumbers started this year. I forgot the cover on the first seedlings and those died and I tried sowing new ones in the greenhouse, but the spring was so cool that the seeds rotted. So I ended up buying plants for seedless cucumbers, which are similar to the Japanese ones.

This year I am growing only two Japanese tomato varieties. Amakko is just started to ripen and Frutica F2 has a lot of green ones growing. It will be interesting to see if F2 is as sweet as the Frutica F1.

Our heat wave was really short and temperature dropped to chilly rapidly. Tonight there is frost warning for inland and temperature here by the coast may also drop close to 5°C

Sari
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amakko.jpg (83.0 KB, 28 views)