View Single Post
Old August 29, 2007   #4
spyfferoni
Tomatovillian™

Morgan,
I'm so glad you got to see some of Yellowstone. It is amazing!!! I would stay in a cabin any day over camping---but camping is more economical, and the kids love it. I have a good air mattress now so its not too bad, and the campground we stayed at had warm showers. We would like to get a pop-up trailer in the next couple of years. Setting up and taking down camp is always a pain.

Did you get to see any of Grand Teton National Park?
My Dad is from Montana and lives there now, so I've seen some beautiful places there as well.

Rena,
Colorado is beautiful too---definitely some good camping spots there. I feel lucky to live in a place that has sooo much to see. When I was in high school I lived in California. Camping on the beach is fun too. My kids did the Jr Ranger program at Bryce Canyon. I bet your kids would like that too. I think most National Parks have them. The funny thing about our trip was that we hardly saw any Utah plates. The majority of the tourists were from other states, or Europe---especially France. I bet there are tons of people living in the cities here, that have never seen our National Parks, yet drive to Vegas or California for vacations and such.

Tyffanie
spyfferoni is offline   Reply With Quote