View Single Post
Old June 18, 2011   #57
Iochroma
Tomatovillian™

Default Thanks all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoguy View Post
After reading Thawley's post about PL and RL, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a glossary for the folks who are new to our abbreviated language. I will get the ball rolling. Feel free to add some tomato and gardening terms that appear here on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I went back to post #1 in this thread and read through and the intent was to define abbreviations and I still think that's a good idea.

Sure, there's catfacing and stiching and belly buttons, and I could add interveinal chlorosis, concentric and radial cracking and horizontal cracking, and so much more, but I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to just stick with the most COMMON abbreviations.

COMMON b'c I sure can think of many other abbreviations that I've seen here that are used by only a few folks....
Carolyn, thanks for your response, and, with all due respect: I am sort of new to the specific language around tomatoes, and while I am an experienced horticulturist, those three terms threw me when used about a tomato. Cracking and Chlorosis are a bit more widely used.

I think you were right with the idea of keeping the glossary concise, but it's got everything anyone suggested. Maybe some other member with a better editorial eye will revamp it in their own way.
Iochroma is offline   Reply With Quote