View Single Post
Old January 9, 2017   #29
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Chicken Piccata and Chicken Marsala. Both are basically pan seared chicken cutlets, briefly simmered in a pan sauce made with white wine (Piccata) or Marsala wine. An internet search will turn up hundreds of recipes, but both are very easy to make.

Season and flour the cutlets and sear them to a light golden brown in a combination of oil and butter. Remove from the pan then add the wine and let it reduce and thicken, adjust seasonings, put chicken back in the pan and very lightly simmer until it's tender. (Some people supplement with some chicken stock if they go with less butter/oil and less wine.)

The Picatta typically comes with capers added, and the Marsala with sliced mushroom that are sautéed then simmered in the sauce together with the chicken. I skip the capers, but I do use the mushrooms.

I always make sure there is enough sauce to also dress the pasta served with the chicken. The Piccata served over sautéed spinach in place of pasta is also good.

We have a few "old style" Italian restaurants that will serve chicken Picatta or Marsala with a side of pasta and tomato sauce unless you know to ask for the chicken to be served over the pasta.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote