View Single Post
Old July 15, 2021   #1
Hulamom
Tomatovillian™

Default Any help on tomato plant growth?

I’ve been using Raybo’s 321 mix in the same 5 gal swc since I joined Tomatoville over 10 yrs ago. But this year something has happened and I can’t figured out what’s happened. This is the first time I’ve ever seen this. I haven’t changed anything in years and have had great tomatoes each season, some seasons I had to deal with powder mildew but that’s about as bad as it got. Every year before starting, I clean my containers, cages and pipes with bleach and use the same time released fertilizer with same potting mix, orchid bark and perlite and later Texas Tomato Food. When I first plant them in the swc, they’d grow with no problem but then this growth starts up. I tried spraying a mixture of epsome salt and water but haven’t seen any change. Ive also started with new bags of potting mix, new bags of perlite, new bags of bark, new bags of lime, and new bags of time released fertilizer. I’ve grown regular and dwarf plants from seedlings. Has anyone seen this grown or know why this is happening? I’m in Hawaii on Oahu, Kaneohe side. Any help is much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1633AC8D-4A4E-40A0-8C9C-D242E3799A4D.jpeg (149.7 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by Hulamom; July 15, 2021 at 06:12 PM. Reason: More info
Hulamom is offline   Reply With Quote