View Single Post
Old June 7, 2021   #21
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J. Wolf View Post
AK Mark. I did soil tests myself with a Environmental Concepts test kit this spring. According to it, I am N depleted, P sufficient, and K off the chart (I'm I'm reading the K test right) PH at 7-7.5. Other than a dump of AMS (which I did at .5#/100 sq ft.) what would you recommend?
This is really helpful in your case. When we have to piece stuff together out comes the general use, or we dial back whatever everyone else is using and use observation from there. So we know K is the most important, (for the tomato plant) P is immobile in soil, no N per say, second most important, and you need some secondary nutrients in there.

If it were me, I would add Blood Meal and Fish Bone Meal or Seabird Guano and would still add some K/ Langbenite, which has MgSO4 in it too.

I would also be tempted to use our 4-18-38 mix once a week for another method, and would use observation as a guide for further application.

Last would be a general use or very dialed back whatever and observation again, notes are helpful too.

I tell people often that we stumble forward, that's how we learn the best.

Good luck, tomatoes are hard to burn up, they are also pretty forgiving.

https://nrcca.cals.cornell.edu/nutri...CA2_print.html

Last edited by AKmark; June 7, 2021 at 12:12 PM.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote