View Single Post
Old March 4, 2019   #7
PlainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
Yesterday I planted out the second set of cauliflower plants which have now become the first ones since the real first ones got burned. A new "second" round has been started so I'll still end up with two sets of plants, just staggered later. The second broccolis went out as well as the Wakefield cabbage, which finishes later than the Stoneheads planted out a week ago.

Today I'll sow some French Breakfast radish seed as well as some Opolanka, a Polish variety that's a dead ringer for French Breakfast. Pickles will be setting out her potatoes today. Just one 18' row, half Yukon Gold and half Red Pontiac. That will be enough to get eaten or put up by the time they get too old.

I think I will also plant half a dozen garlic cloves today as a test just to see how they do once it gets hot here. Just scratching the curiosity itch.
The one time I tried French Breakfast they looked right but came out so peppery they shocked everyone. Has that been your experience?
I’ts led me to stick with Cherry Belle and various types of watermelon radish since, but I love the look of French Breakfast. Opolanka is new to me.
- Joyce