View Single Post
Old August 3, 2015   #19
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Hi everyone,

I just must have more lizards-there are tons around; they get stuck and it is horrific. Then I feel really bad (and DH only makes it worse) that I start picking through my worm inn to find earwigs which is a lizard delicacy. I think this fall, I will go back to tulle.

Good News - I went back to the surgeon today, a new x-ray everything is fine, just need it to get strong (like I can't lean on it) but I am off the split and have a wrist wrap instead. Need to go back in 6 weeks but he said at that time if everything feels good, just cancel. Yeah!!!!

I guess I have no excuse NOT to get the rest of the mix solarized now.

Seedlings - I ended up starting a few; only those that I have lots of seeds. Saving those with just a few seeds for the ultimate starting date which is my dilemma.

Here is my temp stats: mainly looking at nighttime lows - as you can see 73 is avg low in August, but toms don't fruit even the so called "HEAT" varieties - so I'm going with <72. September 22 is the start of consistent 72 lows and starting October 2 has consistent 71 degrees.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ind...014&view=table

That would be approx. 60 days.... 8.5 weeks. How long do you think is optimal for having the plant size/flowering?

Plug in your zipcode, month, and see what you come up with in your area to compare.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote