View Single Post
Old July 1, 2021   #11
paradajky
Tomatovillian™

Following the last post on Sunday, I watered DG foliagepro that I had on hand to all the buckets. Nearly all the tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash picked up and seem to be on course for healthy growing with flowers, good coloring and size. Might do a second watering with it this weekend, tbd.

I hesitated taking Raybo's advice to redo mixture for wicking, due to limited time to commit last weekend, however, I may have some time this weekend. Therefore, three questions:
1. Now two weeks after transplant, lots of flowers and growth, would removing them and replanting them set them back too much? The bucketted plants include tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers.

2. Is there a quick test to see if wicking works with this soil mixture outside the in-use buckets? It's unclear in-vivo, the soil mix has remained wet without much reduction in the reservoirs. We've had cool, overcast weather as well.

3. I found a couple places that sell Promix, but they are out of stock and expecting delivery end of august, so, how about 3:2:1 peat moss, bark, perlite if I decide to redo/update the mix? or a little more perlite, like 1.25 or 1.5?

Bonus #4: what if instead of replacing the soil I thread 2-3 strings or 1-2" wide torn synthetic cloths through the mix down into the reservoir? Those would certainly wick, and I'm not disturbing the soil much right now?

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg update.jpg (123.4 KB, 112 views)
paradajky is offline   Reply With Quote