View Single Post
Old June 4, 2019   #29
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

June, 3rd, 2019

It was a fairly productive weekend in the yard. I started cleaning up under the deck, still got a bit to go.

I had some leftover peat moss and some perlite that got wet in the storm so I spread them on top of the beds.

Amanda had this little bird feeder laying around so I set that up.

I picked some Hungarian wax peppers, sliced and tossed in a pickle jar.

I picked up some flowers for the front yards and back yard, most of the plants weren't native but I'm a bit annoyed that all my native plants I purchased last season did not come back with the exception of my milkweeds. Most of the plants I picked up at Lowes are Herbaceous perennials.

Sowed some Nasturtium seeds, fingers crossed.

Cleaned out the pantry and found these so I figured I would give it a shot.

I also picked up a hummingbird feeder.

When I was poking around in the outdoor lighting section in Lowes, I came across some Led Deck Lights that I thought would be awesome for the back yard retaining wall. I had round ones that got beat up over the years that weren't working and looked like crap.

I figure I would grab them since I seem to have money to burn!

I removed all the capstones and wired the new lights in, then using an angle grinder and diamond bit, I cut the lights in a bit then siliconed with some 832 Dow coring silicone.

Installed another set of Vintage Led String lights under the deck.

I still haven't decided on the use of insecticidal soap yet, I saw quite a few sparrows under the tomato plants cleaning the leaves. I'll try to get a closer look this week and see whats going on.

Random pics from the garden.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote