View Single Post
Old January 18, 2018   #11
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockandrollin View Post
Gadzooks! Biker Billy F1 peppers mild? I am trying this pepper also this year. I went to the source and bought them from Burpee so hopefully they will have the heat.

I've grown Early Jalapeno for the last several years. Others have described it to having a green grass taste and I would have to agree, and I will skip it for this year.

Manzano: I was thinking this was a 100k scoville pepper and out of my comfort zone, but it looks like a 12-50k scoville pepper, so I might try to squeeze this one in.

I've never made sriracha sauce, but I would think Chichimeca and possibly Mucho Nacho would be good choices to be sweet and not have to add much sugar.
My seed for Biker Billy was direct from Burpee, bought a few packs several years ago. I have a half dozen or so seeds left for this year and won't be re-buying the seed after that. I've never found them to be any hotter than a generic jalapeno and last year they were all fairly mild. Could have been the weather or the soil, YMMV.
I never heard that about the Early jalapenos, maybe I should only grow a couple of those this year just to try them out. My hopes are that the Mucho Nacho and Jalafuego will fit the bill. Fresnos are great tasting and bring the heat , but they don't hold up to stuffing because of their thin walls.
What I should try is putting a stuffed fresno inside of a jalapeno for wall support ... hmmm and I'll call it a Fresnapeno Popper!
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote