Thread: Paprika Peppers
View Single Post
Old August 15, 2008   #6
Bobbisox
Tomatovillian™

Default Hungarian Paprika

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanRIowa View Post
I found the following information for Paprika peppers.

Hungarian Paprika Peppers List
Info
Info
Info

It appears that Paprika peppers is more of the peppers traditional use especially if from Hungary and not really the appearance or taste. I always thought that Paprika peppers were to be sweet and round. It appears from the links I provided above, that the shapes and heat of Paprika peppers are not set. Your pepper are probably a Hungarian Paprika pepper. Let us know how they turn out.

I am growing the Alma Paprika from SSE, which is sweeter and round.

Dean
Dean, you totally impressed me; I did not realize there were so many types!!!! I have been gardening for 46 years and there is really something new under the sun, it appears.
I think so far mine appears to look like the supreme, so I guess that would be a good thing, and like you, I too have grown the Alma. I felt like a real loser this year for slacking off the seeds and purchasing plants. I have 5 Aerogardens and still plan on planting some of the really hot chilies in the winter along with some tomatoes if I can figure which seeds will give me more bang for my buck in the winter time. I like the light it gives me in the kitchen and the neat growth, but living in the San Diego area there is no great reason to use them in the summer time except for the herbs you don't want to have long sund- days for. Like Cilantro.
Kewl about the links, I sure appreciate them. Now I need to take more pics; I didn't want to update blogs and stuff if I didn't have correct varieties to talk about.
Thanks again, Bobbi