View Single Post
Old December 28, 2019   #5
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Asparagus - the best drainage areas are recommended, for a plant that can last a couple of decades.
The current asparagus bed is 18x18 and is 13 years old. It was originally Jersey King and Jersey Knight but has become mixed over time as skips developed and were replaced with others. However the bed wasn't originally planted in an ideal spot as there's a big pecan tree nearby outside the garden and I'm pretty sure roots have invaded. Production has become less and less over the past three years.

I'm just going to play with planting small patches of this Conover's Colossal in lots of places outside the garden..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Bean, Yard Long - Orient Wonder is claimed to be one of the best for various conditions. I have several varieties that do better, for me. Also, I have a 50 DTM "stickless wonder" bush type. I get two crops a year from each plant, up north. I wonder if you could get three?
I've grown Red Noodle on and off over the years and while some years are good, others aren't. My dog sure liked them but after he passed a few years ago, I quit growing them. The green Yard Long just happened to be in one of the catalogs I ordered from so I got it on a whim. I *almost* got that huge Snake Bean from Baker Creek! But all heavy duty trellises ares spoken for this spring. Maybe it'll be a toy for '21.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote