View Single Post
Old August 31, 2018   #7
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
Daytime highs are high 90's. Right now it is 97 F. Nighttime lows are low 70's, about 72. Mid Sept. lows will be mid 60's and highs will be high 80's most days. A cool front may drop those temps by five degrees. Long sleeve weather arrives in October.

Heatmaster is setting a lot of small tomatoes. They are heavy with blooms. Big Beef is doing well also. My biggest surprise so far has been the spring planted Carbon plants which have revived from the hiigh summer heat and are producing blooms.The Carbon tomatoes will probably stay small in the fall, but I'm surprised they want to do anything after living through 110 degree weather. They have survived fungal diseases which wiped out other open pollinated varieties, high heat, and grasshoppers which stripped many branches bare.

I'm hoping for a slight temp break next week. I want it to cool enough for my newly germinated cucumbers and summer squash to survive into the much cooler weather.

I may have to try some of your varieties here, after losing everything to the heat. Where did you get HeatMaster?