Thread: F2 seed offer
View Single Post
Old June 27, 2011   #70
heirloomdaddy
Tomatovillian™

Default Stupice x Green Copia F2

Please refer to this thread and find the tomato being discussed... you will see the F2 hybrid. My camera just took a nose dive off of the desk as I was uploading solo shots!

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?p=220851

This is the prettiest variety in my garden. This plant overcame an enormous amount of adversity. It's probably the toughest plant I've grown, and it was the only plant in a bed of Yellow pear, husky red cherry, juliet, JBT, Galina's, and Stupice to survive the onslaught of foliar bacterial infection that they encountered..that says a lot! Oh, and i trampled it shortly after transplanting. There was one TINY growing tip fighting for survival in wet and cold conditions with average lows around 40. This thing is TOUGH.

I sowed all received seeds, selected only for PL, found 3, and left them outside starting in january. This plant was the survivor, had stripes, PL, and is a beautiful golden color. Less than a 2% chance of that in one plant! they weigh about 2-4 ounces.

In the F3 I will be selecting for flavor and shape. Do you guys know if a yellow/gold F2 can throw greens in subsequent generations? I'm guessing no, as yellow flesh is a homozygous recessive trait?

Great cross Mark! Thanks for including us. Would you be cool with me naming this? I've got something special in mind.

Matt

Last edited by heirloomdaddy; June 27, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo
heirloomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote