View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010   #15
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Timmah, no I don't use Serenade but use other products that contain Bacillus subtilis which is the active ingredient in Serenade.

For my seedling drench used on plant out the solution consisted of Mycogrow Soluable, Actinovate, Biota Max, Biostart Defensor and Biostart Rhizoboost. All these products consist of either Beneficial bacteria, Beneficial fungi and or mycorrhizae. Three weeks after plant out Azoxystrobin was applied as a foliar. Two weeks later Exel LG was applied as a foliar. This week Actinovate and Biostart Defensor (Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus cereus) will be applied as a foliar.
Besides my weekly application of BioBizz BioGrow (8-2-6) I have made 2 applications of Azobacter, Microbe Tea from T&J and 2 applications of EM (Effective Microorganisms).

As Carolyn pointed out on LB the disease is usually transmitted from spores riding the air currents and the disease spreads through the plant systemically. So you can protect the plant with Daconil or apply your systemic fungicides such as Azoxystrobin or Phosphorous Acid or use your Actinovate or Bacillus subtilis which resides on the leafs surface to attack the disease (spores) when they appear. And all this depends on the weather (rain) which can remove the products from the plant requiring another application.

So my approach is basically to grow a healthy plant through aggregate fertility and microbial inoculants creating a biodiversity that will help the plant fight disease along with foliar applications to prevent airborne infection. Just call me Ami unplugged.