View Single Post
Old May 10, 2008   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyscientist View Post
Neves Azorean Red sounds good, but I have never heard of it. Where do you get seeds/plants? I have to agree with the stupice reviews. I grew them once and that was enough. I grow the sunsugar every year. They are productive and tasty. One plant usually produces enough for me and my dog (he follows me around begging for them).
Seeds for Neves Azorean Red are available from SandhillPreservation.com and TomatoGrowers.com.

I don't know about plants but you might check the list of plants offered by Darrel Jones at selectedplants.com b/c he lists a wide variety of plants.

I received seeds of NAR from a local person who got them from a relative who got them from the man who owned Neptune Harvest Co in the Boston area. He traded fish liquid fertilizer for fruits brought to him by Tony Neves who had come from the Azores to that area.

I always feel great when one of the varieties I've introduced through the SSE Yearbook for SSE members is liked by so many folks. I send the best of my newer varieties to seed sources I know and trust for trial and so many of my new ones end up at usually Sandhill and/or TGS and more recently I've sent some to Mike at Victory Seeds for trial.

Lately I've been offering a limited number of new ones here for the past few Springs. Whether that will continue is strictly up to the season at hand and good growth and good seed production for both SSE members ( Yearbook obligation) as well as folks here.

NAR is not that new for I listed it about 5 years ago.