View Single Post
Old October 24, 2017   #3022
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Barb,I want to hear about SunPeach,see photos too, that is, when it gets you some ripe fruit. My mango tree lost some branches but it stayed very well. New growth is present right now, might get a crop this summer after all. I cut mine back every year, but I would definitely cut back any jagged edges.
My pineapples look great too, including your 3, many thanks.
They just yesterday finally picked up our storm debris, because I found the guy in the one and only truck(1200 houses in our complex) and bribed him with cookies!
Will do; Both SunPeach plants that I brought back from Tennessee made it. One is thriving and setting fruit; the other one escaped death and have 1 tomato and starting new bud clusters.

Both SunChocolas did not make the humidity/heat adjustment and died.

Both Esterina plants, the one Pink Bumble Bee plant had absolutely no problems with the climate. All have set fruit already.

The few dwarfs that I brought to Tennessee all made it even the one that got beheaded on the drive home.

The Chocolate Lightning (that was my best dwarf star producer ever) is big already and has set fruit, I have rooted some clipping from it already too.

The only other plants I have are Big Beef (all good) and 21X-F3 (from Dan's Micro/Dwarf project - a red cherry dwarf....I'm on my 3rd generation with them).

That's it for tomatoes, although I did start some seeds in early October to make up for SunChocolas and some that died during the hurricane.

My beautiful lettuce that I brought back died. I started again now that it is cooler,

I have started some brocolli too.

I want to at least use all my earthboxes up. Some plants went to RootPouches b/c they were so tall when they were planted out that I buried the stem easier.

So much less plants, so much more time.

This time last year after Hurricane Mathew, we had a 7 month drought and rained only twice. This year is just the opposite, rains a lot; thinking this will help with tomato russet mites.

----
Larry - your bean plants look beautiful.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote