View Single Post
Old July 21, 2013   #31
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyruhl View Post
I grew Indian Stripe Potato Leaf from Carolyns seed offer, also. It was an amazing plant for me also, and I took pictures of the stem which was about the size of 3 pencils banded together. I keep saying was because I pulled it yesterday. That whole enormous plant just wilted before my eyes and the stems became hollow. This has not affected any other tomatoes in my garden, including it's "earth box" partner. I have never had another plant do that, so I am confused. I saved seed, but don't now if I should have.

The bowl of tomatoes was pick from the plant when I pulled it. There were ripe ones earlier, also. That is an excellent harvest, considering it is mid July in Michigan.
How very curious, Nancy- I haven't ever heard of what you describe. Yes, it really pumps them out, doesn't it?! Sorry that you lost your plant and if anyone has concerns about your keeping those seeds, I've got some bagged fruits so if they ripen, we're good. The fruits I have look similar to the ones in your picture. Can't wait to taste one- I have two that are ripening on the counter.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote