Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old October 21, 2017   #261
svalli
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
my mehu liisa pan I bought 5 years or so ago. as I was waling in to Lehmans the clerk was remarking them another 10.00 since they had just gotten their new shipment in. if I hadn't called to see if they had them I would have had to pay 150.00 for it instead of 140.00. I see they are up to 190.00 but the victorio is a bit cheaper. I will have to check at the Amish store the next time I am that direction to check on the cost.if it is really economical I will let you know and be willing to ship it to you if you are interested. They carry the victorio not the mehu liisa.
Steam juicers are common here and Mehu-Liisa is actually made in Finland. I bought mine from https://mehuliisa.com/ when we lived in USA, since I had not my own when we moved to USA. Earlier I used to borrow the steam juicer from my mother. Price in USA is double from the price Finland, but shipping one would had cost as much as ordering from the guy, who imports them. There used to be two sizes and I first got the small one. I borrowed it to a lady at the office and she loved it so much that she bought it from me. I then ordered the bigger one for myself.

I use mine for juicing berries and steaming apples when making apple sauce. I usually steam the berries, so that there is still some juice and color left and then I run the solids through the food mill to seedless and skinless pulp. I mix sugar and pectin to the pulp and cook and can it to seedless jam. There is just little waste of the berries after processing to juice and jam.

Sari