Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017   #203
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
Imp... it is a pain in the butt. absolutely drives me crazy. no garlic, no onions. no synthetic food dyes, no aspartame.... try looking at the ingredients of any prepared food. very few brands can I buy. I do most of my shopping at Aldi since I am pretty safe from the dyes.
OMG, no garlic and no onions?!! How awful. I wouldn't know what to do! I grew up with the Italians and Portuguese, so always depended on both garlic and onions for flavoring points.

You and MissS are in a similar boat- she has to watch sodium a lot due to her heart. And it seems everything has sodium in it, too.

Well, not getting as much done as you are, Carolyn, but got 10 pints of taco seasoned chicken and almost done with 10 pints of corned beef and potatoes.

Have another corned beef to do tomorrow ( later today?!), but will also add carrots to those. Should be about another 10 pints or maybe 12 from that package.

One of the local stores is having a sale on tripe, so later this week may make up a big pot of Philadelphia Pepperpot soup to can up. Black pepper gives it that spicy heat perfect on those cold winter days. Especially with home made biscuits, buttered up.

Edit:

Finally! But 20 nice jars cooling and lids pinging!It's a good feeling to know that even if the electricity goes off, or I am staying in due to ice storms, I have many choices as what to eat.

The bad thing is I need to get my pantry room re-arranged for more space to be used more wisely and effectively.

Edit again, LOL:

Out of the 20 jars, one of the corned beef and potatoes did not seal. It's in the fridge, will either re can it in another batch, or gee darn it ! - just HAVE to eat it.

Last edited by imp; October 12, 2017 at 02:13 PM.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote