View Single Post
Old September 3, 2014   #70
LindyAdele
Tomatovillian™

TheLoud - I'm new at this too. I was hoping Heather would have her swap, because I am in Canada also and it would be easier all around. I have read all the threads and past posts about this swap, so here is my understanding:

1. We post up to 15 varieties on our "wish list" (wishlist thread in the 'wanted seed' forum)

2. We choose one or more 'categories' to participate in. The official categories this year have not been posted, but there is basically a category for each type of tomato (cherry, big, sweet, red, pink, black, paste, canning, striped, green, etc.). In order to participate in a category, we must send in 10 packs of 5-10 seeds of the same type. We will then receive 10 different varieties in that category from others.

3. We send in any other seed we have and want to share as 'bonuses'. Tormato will post many of the 'wanted' seeds from the wishlists, and if you have some send in packs of those (5-10 seeds each). The bonuses get distributed mostly fairly to everyone. It sounds like people are often generous. Some people last year said they sent in 10 seed packs and received 45...

I am saving enough seed to participate in 5 categories, and lots of bonus seeds too of all different types. I'm having fun saving seeds, and excited to share!

( and someone please correct me if I am wrong on any of the above!)
LindyAdele is offline   Reply With Quote